Recurring scholarship. Awesome education. Unique location.
The Pipeline Portal Scholarship program is specifically for students majoring in civil, geospatial, or construction management at Michigan Tech. What better way to jumpstart your career than by lightening your financial load while building connections in the civil and construction industry?
Connect with Industry
We’ve partnered with the civil and construction industry to fund scholarships that are renewable for up to five years. What’s the catch? We’re not playing—just follow requirements below to stay in the game. It’s a win-win!
- Major in construction management, civil, or geospatial engineering
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA
- Meet with your advisor each semester
- Participate in the CEE Pipeline Portal
- Send an annual thank you letter to the sponsors
What does it mean to ‘participate’ in the Portal?
You’ve got tests to prepare for and the Keweenaw to explore, so we have only a few participation requirements: Post your resume, share a video about yourself and your interests, and attend virtual networking events. It’s that simple!
What is the point of the Portal?
We’re glad you asked! The Portal is the place where you will engage with—and learn from—our industry partners. The more you put in, the more you will gain! Our industry partners will:
- Answer your questions about the civil and construction industry and what you can do to prepare for your career
- Review your resume and provide constructive feedback
- Offer advice on professional development
- Post potential internship, co-op, or career opportunities
Get noticed. Go farther.
Active participation in the Pipeline Portal will show our industry partners that you mean business and are serious about your career. Make the most of the Portal by engaging often and building a network to turn to for critical internship and co-op experiences—which in turn strengthen your practical skills and resume—giving your career a strong start off the blocks.
The question isn’t IF you should apply, it’s why wouldn’t you?
CEE Pipeline Industry Partners
The CEE Pipeline Portal Scholarship is thanks to partnerships from a growing list of civil and construction industry firms, including Ajax Paving, Anlaan Corporation, Dan's Excavating, Inc., Great Lakes Engineering, Jay Dee Contractors, and Rowe Professional Services. Thank you partners for your support!
ABET accredited. Small class sizes. Industry-sponsored Senior Design Capstone and Enterprise projects. Hands-on labs. 100% faculty-taught classes. Specialize with minors in the Department.
Where else can you...
- Build intricate snow structures at an all-night outdoor party
- Cheer on a D1 Hockey team and follow the game with a movie in Fisher Hall
- Attend the #1 safest public university in the nation with the 6th highest starting salaries